Sunday, November 30, 2008

a secret place that i know

Today is a good day. A really good day.

My parents and Ben dropped me off at Annie's house on Capitol Hill after our weekend in Bothell. I'll just be in town for a few days to take care of some things on campus and, you know what they say, 'kick it.'

My return to Seattle is barely at the 3 hour mark and I'm already elated and on the verge of stupid-giddy. I've been to Stumptown, I've gotten hugs from Chris, Borges and Laurie Om and now I'm sitting at Vita with Annie and Mike having a laptop party. Two coffee shops and a handful of really good friends feels like the opposite of a slap in the face. Whatever that is.

And, just in case you were wondering, the fog is so thick on the Hill right now I can't even see across the street. It's magic.





No comments: