Tuesday, December 9, 2008

you could have told me

I know I've been gone for a while and I know for all intents and purposes I've been living under a rock, but you guys could have told me they made Q&A into a movie.

I read Vikas Swarup's Q&A by recommendation of Maddy while I was in India. Buying this book used and tattered from a old book vendor in a crowded Indian alleyway was the perfect set up for this story. It's about a young boy from the slums of Mumbai; an unlikely winner of a billion rupees on a Indian game show. The book is essentially a collection of short stories that all weave around the circumstances of the boy's newly found fortune. Quite clever. I loved it. In fact, I made Ben read it as soon as he got to Kolkata. And he loved. I think you'll love it too.

And now, unbeknownst to me sooner, it's a new movie called 'Slumdog Millionaire,' directed by Danny Boyle. And! MIA is on the soundtrack.

Watch the trailer, read the book, go see the movie.


No comments: