Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Puffy Pants and Pad Thai

I've discovered the most amazing thing in the world (the world of pants). Thai fisherman pants.


I went out to the market on Khao San road yesterday and bought a pair of these amazingly baggy, puffy, slouchy-crouch, one size fits all pants. They are my new favorite piece of clothing. I don't have pictures now of me wearing them. Soon. Until then, here's a generic picture. Use your imagination for how awesomely silly and comfortable I look in them. * Note, mine are not neon pink.

Yesterday I (finally!) found Joe and Traci, my SU traveling buddies. After a long string of notes left at each others hostels and each of us waiting outside the other's hostel at the same time, we randomly ran into each other in a random ally at a random time. Imagine our excitement. We just stood and stared at each other and laughed. It all was very indicative of our lives together thus far, don't you think?

We spent the rest of the day hanging out around Khao San and eating tasty Pad Thai and drinking beer while discussing traveling to come and traveling thus far.

That night I made (or strongly encouraged) both Joe and Traci to purchase fisherman pants as well. I even haggled the price with the vendor for them. That is how much I love these pants. So now, now we are an awesome trio / fisherman panted gang. It's really great. And really puffy.

Today we are going on a rad rad adventure. First we are walking to the flower market I mentioned yesterday. And then we are off to a Thai boxing match!! AHHH! So rad. The match is tonight at 6. It is a traditional Muay Thai style match. I'm so so excited. I'll take lots of pictures.

And of course, I'm wearing my pants to the match.

4 comments:

Ben said...

i imagine this is what your life in bangkok is like, post-muay-thai match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p310Y0tctr8

Ben said...

...only with puffy pants.

Chad said...

Oh no! My most dreaded foe, the thai fisherman pant. Don't wear those too often when you get to India or you might get mixed up for an Israeli acid-ed pseudo-spiritualist tourist. Forewarned.

Katie Reardon said...

chaaaad, what a downer! i'm sorry, but these pants have a special place in my heart. I have to wear them--always. I'm sure I'll get along well with the Israeli acid-ed pseudo-spiritualist tourists. don't be hatin'