Sunday, November 29, 2009

muppet to werewolf; project time

Cleo in the Universe provided The Sirocco Research Labs with a large array of projects. We built spacesuits and muppets and beautiful spaceship sets. And now we are ready for movie number two. Prepare yourself, blog readers. The next month will be a wild ride of project madness rolled up in a movie called Red Moon.

Red Moon is the next installment of the line of short films we are aiming to help produce this year with our dear friend Jimmy. It is a movie about a submarine, love, werewolfs and Soviet Russia. It's going to be fantastic. Jimmy has really done it with this one, folks. Real good stuff. Ben and I will be heading back to LA, home of the Sirocco Research Labs Headquarters (The Hang Zone), to film Red Moon the beginning of December. And by beginning of December I mean next week. Hot damn ... we've got some work to do!

First project on the docket is to build the werewolf suit, played by Mr. Sellon(B) himself. Ben, Annie and I are all chipping in to make this one materialize. It's a doozey. Ben and I started the mask last week and bought oodles and oodles of fur at the Fabric Depot -- all adventures that seem to be par for the course these days now that we are devoted Research Lab Assistants.

This week we need to turn this ...



Into this ...




Can it be done!? Of course. We are Sirocco Research Labs -- making a werewolf costume is like making waffles. No big thing.

Well, it's sort of big thing considering we all are super slammed with many, many other project happenings. Oh and did I mention I am finishing college this week? I give my last marketing class presentation Tuesday, pack up my Seattle apartment, move back to Porltand, return to Seattle for my last Sullivan meeting and final exam, check out of my apartment to then hop on a plane and fly to LA to begin the shoot week for Red Moon. It's happening! Pretty good graduation trip, don't you think? Kicking off my "adult life" with a week filled with sleep deprivation, friends, werewolfs and LA movie making magic. I love it. I really do.

No comments: