Wednesday, May 13, 2009

namesake

There have been quite a few questions coming my way lately regarding my namesake(s). What is a Reardonk and why does she eat Breakfast for Dinner?

Reardonk -- This one can be attributed to my soon-to-be alma mater, Seattle University. Upon receiving my SU email account, I was one part stunned and one part elated to see that my prefix was ReardonK@seattleu.edu. Unfortunate correlations to a rear end and baa-donk-da-donk-da-donk? Yes. Amazing ease of remembrance for my email recipients? YES! And a nick-name was born. The first rule of branding is to have a memorable name. Check one off for the Reardonk empire.

Breakfast For Dinner -- And then there was a blog. I created Breakfast For Dinner in the summer of 2008 in preparation for my trip abroad to India. The blog has evolved since to include all things simple and exciting that I encounter in my daily life--i.e. breakfast eaten at dinner time. There is a small block of copy at the bottom of my blog explaining this concept more thoroughly:
General notes in regards to things that are simple and exciting. Adventures (at home or abroad), beautiful packaging design, new moleskine journals, perfectly executed secret handshakes, jokes (inside or outside), shark week, babies with hiccups, fire pits, red shoes, yellow bikes and breakfast for dinner.

So, that is the why and what of Reardonk and her blog named Breakfast for Dinner.

No comments: