Monday, May 11, 2009

Trekkies

More amazing than the ending of th new Star Trek movie: the fact that Ben and I have successfully completed our, count it, SECOND year of dating. Oh boy.

As the dutiful, dorky girlfriend I am, I surprised Ben with midnight tickets to the opening night of the new Star Trek movie. The beauty of this gift was that the show actually premiered at 7pm; we just went at midnight for an extra one-two punch of awesomeness. Joining us on the excursion were some of our good buddies, including Mr. Chris Kissel, the most die-hard Trekkie I know.


It really was a fabulous anniversary. The candy was plentiful, we got to be in-awe of Kissel's Trekkie knowledge and the movie was epic. Oh! And to boot, I think I now have a crush on young Spock. Sorry, Ben. It's the eyebrows...and the ears...and the heightened level of logical thinking. Gets me every time.


Trekkies x2

2 comments:

Ben said...

:)

followed by

:(

Katie Reardon said...

don't worry. you'll always be 50% more human than him. you'll always win in my book.