Thursday, April 15, 2010

all i want is for work to be fun

I woke up today and was so excited to get to work because I knew we would be discussing new scripts on one of my projects. I love when we talk about scripts. Everybody gets so excited and dreamy when we plan out locations and think about casting. People get all hot and bothered when stuff gets turned downa nd then they get so elated when the creative director throw out the thumbs up. It's a real show. Today has been fun at work.

It's also Thursday, which means there has been a large amount of dancing to Michael Jackson and Yeasayer  in the Project Management hallway (but really who am I kidding? we do this most any day of the week, Thursday aren't special). We also went walking to get coffee this morning in the sun. And I think I ran like 20 flights of stairs while I was trying to get a presentation deck to all the right people this afternoon. This day, this day has just been fantastic.

My blogging about work so far at w+k has been limited, I know. Apologies. It's hard to blog about the work when everything is so secretive for clients and then all the other stuff seems so silly and simple that I forget to write it down. But really the culmination of my last few months here have been amazing and completely blog worthy -- just hard to remember to blog when you are so tuckered out from a great day, you know? It's like when you try to journal while you are traveling, but traveling seems more important than journaling.

I have had some choice cellphone snaps in the office -- no high res photos for you guys yet, but maybe in the near future. Until then:

PM Resident Badass - Jane with Beard. (Yes, yes we do goof around during presentation reviews on the stairs) 
Without you baby french press, my desk would feel so regular sized. Thank you.

David Kennedy and Dan Wieden rallying the troops on Founders Day 2010.

In short, at my three month mark here at w+k, I must say I absolutely love it. It is hectic and BIG and fast and weird (my favorite project characteristic combo). I'm learning a lot by trying to keep up with the pace of everything. I'm still at freelance status, but judging by some of my reviews I've had lately and the degree to which I got sweaty+awesome on the dance floor at the company party...there just must be a salaried position in my near future. Right? Maybe. Whatever it this pans out to be, I'm having fun at work.

1 comment:

annie said...

katie, youre killing it. i just love you, ya know?