Tuesday, August 26, 2008

pokes and pills

Today was a big big day for my preparations for the trip. Today I went to the Travel Doctor. Rest assured, dear blog readers, I have been poked with an amazing amount of neon colored liquids and stocked to capacity with pretty little malaria pills. I am--in regards to my health and body--ready for India.
The last few days have been busy as all get up. I finished work at Turnstyle Friday. My last day at work was equal parts exciting and sad. It felt amazing to know that I was moving away from Seattle--the first step in the most immediate marks in my exit to India. It was very sad though. My coworkers are all so sweet. The day was filled with hugs and a pork sandwich picnic to Golden Gardens. Turnstylers, I know you are reading this blog...you are all very good at keeping an eye on me at all times. Thank you for an amazing summer (again) and I expect hilarious comments on my blog posts from all of you!

After my goodbyes at work I had an amazing weekend in Yakima with Ben. We went with Tyler to their mom's surprise birthday party. Mary, mary, mary HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

And now...now I'm in Portland, kicking it with Monty waiting for my parents and Ben to get off work to go have dinner at the Hedgehouse.

Tomorrow Ben and I leave for Boston to hang out with our good buddy Jim BB and the BB girls--Ingrid, Harper and Ellis. This trip has been a long time in the making and I couldn't be more excited. The idea of spending a week with Ben and some of my favorite people in the world is absolutely a.maz.ing. I think it'll be just perfect for mentally preparing me for my trip to India. So, pokes and pills done, Boston up next. Chowdahh, here I come!!

1 comment:

stefanie p. warmouth said...

dude, your blog: i like reading it!

mind if i link ya on mine?