Sunday, October 19, 2008

all's well

Sorry for the bummer blog post yesterday. Trust me, I was just venting via Blogspot. Everything is just fine here.

I did end up being a little sick when I got home from the internet place. A bit of a fever and some pretty gnarly looking white spots on my tonsils. Sorry...was that too much information? Thankfully, I have Dr. Traci as a roommate. She has been taking my temperature at least every hour or so and is having me gargle salt water. She's such a good roommate.

I feel much better now. My jaw is just slightly sore, but no bruising. I still have a fever, but all my symptoms amount to is feeling really cold (in the middle of sweltering Kolkata) and being tired. Tonight I ventured out of the hotel for the first time and got some broth for dinner. I was wearing my full length pants, two t-shirts, a sweatshirt, my thick trekking socks and sandals. Yep, that's right. Socks and sandals. I was really channeling my grandpa.

I'll right more tomorrow after work (hopefully, if I can go). Until then, I'll be missing you all and how much easier it is to be sick at home. You can think of me. In socks and sandals.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank God the sickness of wearing sandels and socks has skipped a generation! Hope you feel better soon!

therads said...

Wow - two great generations now see the value of wearing socks and sandals. Hope our package gets there soon for you.

annie said...

always thinking of you, girlfriend. in socks and sandals. ay.