Wednesday, April 8, 2009

knowledge is that which liberates

You may remember my talk of going to visit the ashram that Chad lived and worked at in northern India and where Ben went to visit during his trip. I ultimately was not able to make it to the ashram due to, umm, typhoid, but I have vowed to go back some day very soon.

In the meantime, I watch Chad's amazing documentary he made to create awareness of both the APV school and holistic education. Jimmy did the editing, Chad did the directing and a bunch of Delhi-Bollywood-yars filmed it. It's truly beautiful. If you have any interest in India, children, holistic education, meditation, art, tabla music, great documentaries or all of the above WATCH CHAD'S FILM!

Sa Vidya Ya Vimuktaye: Knowledge is that which Liberates
For more information on the APV school : www.apvschool.org

(free film removed -- buy a DVD @ apvschool.org you cheap kids!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Katie,
Looking forward to meeting you during the internship! I have been to India twice over the last two years, and hearing of your adventures and watching the film makes me miss it terribly! Congratulations on your graduation, and see you soon.
Lindsay (with Grady Britton)

Katie Reardon said...

Hi Lindsay -

Looking forward to meeting you as well. I've heard great things about Grady Britton. We should meet up sometime during my internship to have lunch and share India stories.

Soon!
Katie