Tuesday, July 28, 2009

In the land of Griffins

The COLABORATORY clock seems to run faster than I had anticipated. It's week 3 already and I am no longer at Ascentium. I started Monday at my new internship home, ad agency Grady Britton.


It's an odd thing shifting between internships at such a quick pace. Kind of jarring actually. I felt like I was just getting the hang of office life at Ascentium, finally knew who to talk to when I needed something and even had a few inside jokes under my belt. And then the COLAB wheels cranked a little bit further and it was time for me to move on. I survived my first few days at Grady Britton just fine, obviously, but I think all of us interns will openly admit that 3 first days of work in one summer brings 3 times the first-day-jitter stress. Chalk that up to an added benefit of this program -- our nerves are 3 times tougher than the average newbie.

Grady Britton is proving to be a good fit for me. Among the amazingly friendly welcome I received and the fact that I've already played on the GB softball team, I think what I'm liking most about this placement is the type of work Grady does. Grady Britton has a strong line-up of really great local clients. They even have a grant program they run annually to provide a local non-profit with $25,000 of creative services. Cool stuff all around.

And where do the good people of Grady Britton find all their energy for such awesome work? Well, Ascentium had their coffee robot, but I haven't found such a fountain here at Grady. There's a lot of griffin swag everywhere in the office in honor of the company's logo, but my money is on the well equipped fleet of razor scooters that line the hallway.






No comments: